1. In December, at a stoplight, with the EiffelTower in the distance, I stand behind a shirtless Native-American. (click to enlarge photo.)
2. In the grocery store, I push my cart down a long aisle whose shelves hold nothing but potato chips.
3. While riding on the interstate with my father (the slowest driver this side of the Mississippi), I tell him to slow down.
4. At a family reunion, I watch Aunt Esther, a conservative Mennonite, talk on her cell phone. (“I couldn’t live without it!” she tells me.)
5. While strolling through a casino in Vegas, I spot a very pregnant cocktail waitress (wearing heels and a mini-mini skirt, and balancing her tray high above her head) delivering drinks.