The possibilities are endless. And, as in all things in life, subject to change. I had a tough time narrowing this list down to ten, and had to shave off a few favorites such the “driving across the desert scene” in Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, the “I love you/Snap out of it” scene in Moonstruck, the “I’m not a boy” scene in Yentl, and the “eating cheese on the train/lactose intolerant” scene in French Kiss. Ironically, some of these films wouldn’t make my top ten favorite FILM list, but these scenes are brilliant.
10. The Birdcage: the “meet the parents” scene
8. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: The desert chase/cave scene
7. Death Becomes You: the Meryl Streep/Isabella Rosellini elixir scene
6. The Hours: the Julianne Moore mother-son “let’s make a cake” scene
5. Amelie: the “café puddle” scene (it’s about one second long, if that) and the “they finally meet” scene
4. Dreams (Kurosawa): Crows: the walking through the paint of Van Gogh’s paintings scene
3. Kill Bill: the “Black Mamba and Copperhead rumble in the kitchen” scene
2. Lost in Translation: the “about to fall asleep/ Bill Murray touches her foot” scene
And Shamash's number one favorite film scene:
So, Shamash's question of the day is:
What are your favorite film scenes?
(For Kill Bill fans only: a tongue-in-cheek personality test. Which Deadly Viper Assassin are you? Black Mamba, Copperhead, California Mountain Snake, Cottonmouth, Sofie Fatale, Sidewinder, or Snake Charmer? Take this quiz to find out!)